CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tresy Kilbourne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 16:06:31 -0800
on 12/15/99 12:57 PM, Anthony Abdo at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Tresy, you are a racist not just because of calling Andrej a
> lickspittle.     It's not the name calling alone.    Here is your last
> message to me......
> <<Guess you can dish it out but not take it--just like Andrej's
> self-pitying, genocidal countrymen.>>

So let's see if I get this right: you and others like you can glibly call
the United States a racist society, and that's OK, but if I comment
unfavorably about a people that's spent the last 10 years slaughtering their
neighbors, and is from all evidence unrepentant about it, I'm  a racist.

Here's a thought exercise for you. Don't strain yourself. Suppose old Andrej
were German, and every post to this list was some variant of attempt to
"prove" the gas chambers were just an invention of the Jewish media to
defame the good Germans. Suppose further that he claimed that the real
victims of WWII were Germans, and he wept piteous tears over damaged
schoolbuildings. Suppose still further that signs of open dissent towards
Nazi goals among Germans was virtually nonexistent as he was making these
posts.

Of course you wouldn't cast aspersions on his character, or lament the moral
cowardice of such a people. Nah, you're Tony Abdo, (armchair) defender of
the weak, scourge of the strong. You would never make such a "racist"
remark. (Well, maybe if the country were, ugh, spit, pitooeey,
*imperialist.*)

You know, Tony, old boy, Rush and his ilk are right about one thing:
whenever a Leftie starts losing an argument, he pulls out the race card.
Congratulations on your new role as poster child for the Dittoheads. You
deserve one another.
--
Tresy Kilbourne
Seattle WA

Over time, people get the government they deserve. --Joseph de Maistre