C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Loveland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 20:39:28 -0600
What a story!!! A few short years ago when I owned and operated a store I had many
deaf customers due to the fact that there is a large deaf school a mile away. I bent
over backwards for them if for no other reason that they were customers and I wanted
their money. My wife now works for USA Relay handling TTY calls and deals with this
kind of ignorance every day. People do not have the patience or understanding to
take an extra few moments out of their lives to listen even if it means money in
their pockets. I'm glad I took the time to listen because I met some truly wonderful
people and great return business.