C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
joan m wallyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 1980 13:54:47 -0600
Amanda -- You seem like a very special person.  I can relate to the anger
your fiance' feels.  Unfortunately I am unaware of any retreats
specifically for CP, but the Catholic Diocese here (LA) offers retreats
featuring the works of Anthony DeMello which address anger and resentment
. I really enjoy his lectures and have several on tape.  You may also
want to check with your local CP organization and see if they offer
something.  If not, maybe you and your fiance' could organize one.  A
favorite place of mine is St. John's retreat facility in Little Rock, AR
; also, Asilomar in Monterey , CA.  I'm not really sure where you're
located.

Best of luck to you.    JMW

On Sat, 27 Mar 1999 13:40:35 -0600 Amanda Flynn <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>--WebTV-Mail-1642141288-975
>
>The reason I am looking for retreats for people with CP is for
>interaction.  My fiance is 32 and has never really been around others
>with CP.  Not as far as interacting.  I think it would do him some
>good
>to spend time with people of all types, but he gets really nevous and
>self-consious.  He still gets angry at his disability. And with our
>upcoming marriage, he goes through these spirts of feeling like "less
>of
>a man" because he can't do a lot of the things that he would like to
>do.
>I reasure him constantly that I am not marrying him to do those
>things.
>That I am marrying him because I love him and that entering into this
>relationship, I knew there were going to be some limitations.
>
>I'll stop there before I turn this email into a book!  hehe!  But in
>short, that is why I was looking for CP retreats.  I had seen an
>advertisement for one once.
>
>God Bless,
>Amanda
>

>--WebTV-Mail-1642141288-975

>--WebTV-Mail-1642141288-975--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]