BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 13:43:54 -0500
Well, Gee.

Let's parse this.

It's always been my aspiration to gain those qualities that can only accrue to an individual with the passage of years as measured in decades to become eligible to be referred to behind my back as 'that old codger.'  This is why I collect period furnishings and decorate my dwelling in dusty outmoded fashions...I'm trying to recreate my grandfather's house, and ultimately I hope to fit in.

I've also always wanted to be known as a slick operator.  Kind of an oily, sleazy, greazy kind of a scale-i-wag.

And of course, I've been known to attack sweet little, kind little, nice little old ladies that operate fish markets and lighthouses that are trying to send me up the river.  But after it's all over, why, I'm one to liver and let liver.  I'm always trying to dish out some of my own medicine in the historic districts, and sometimes it's pretty bitter.

Hey!  Works for me....
Dan Becker,  Executive Director         "What's this? Fan mail
Raleigh Historic                                  from some Cod?"
Districts Commission                          - Bullwinkle Gee Moose