Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 14:29:23 -0800
From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
On 11 Feb 99, at 14:26, Dave Perry wrote:

> My ultimate goal is to build and sell to the public.

  To make this work, you'll be faced with overhead costs and with
demands on your time for marketing and so on.  The upshot is that you
need to be able to charge quite a bit for your limited time to actually
build systems, or the business will only last until you need to eat.
The trick is to find ways to minimize effort/expense and maximise
revenue -- and there's no secret formula (that I know of).

  Storefront computer stores often have one or two people whose job is
to turn components into systems.  You're probably more experienced than
they're used to relying on; they don't pay really well, but that would
still be more than you get currently.  So it could be a sensible
"journeyman" step.
  Another option to explore is the MIS department of any large local
corporation.  While some may just direct problems to a supplier, many
firms find that they have just enough "issues" to keep an onsite
assembly/fix person on staff.  Again, not the highest pay to start, but
useful background, and could grow into a network admin role.

David G

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html