BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 21:00:46 -0700
I think your sources about copyright are mistaken and overly paranoid.

It may be polite to get permission for a private mailing before going
public.  However, certainly in my case, what I put on a public list is
clearly public unless I specify otherwise or unless the owner of the list
copyrights whatever anyone sends to the list.

Certainly anything sent to a public list that is in the form of an
announcement is clearly public.

Please forward any of my announcements to anyone anytime.
At 10:08 PM 5/30/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello Friends,
>
>THANK YOU, all of the list members for the really great materials that you
>send to us.  I have been passing them on to many lists, orgs and friends.
>Another friend has pointed out, and rightly so, that this violates the
>copyright laws.
>
>According to what I have been told, to forward these we need to get
>permission from the person who sent it.  If each list member could add at
>the top or bottom a short "permission to forward" sentence or so, then we
>could continue to forward them without violating this law. This is
>especially important for "time sensitive information:.   In cases of
>material from the web you might, also, give the URL where it can be found.
>
>Just a suggestion
>
>Maybe someone, better qualified than I, can give us a small written bit we
>can add to our posts as part of our signature block that says "please feel
>free to pass this on" or--  INPUT, ideas and suggestions are greatly
>appreciated.
>
>KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK
>
>Rev Clyde Shideler
>CE Disabled Services
>
>PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PASS THIS letter ON AS YOU WISH.

                 Norman Coombs, Ph.D.
CEO, EASI (Equal Access to Software and Information)
http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Professor Emeritus, Rochester Institute of Technology
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
         Cell (949) 922-5992
http://www.rit.edu/~nrcgsh
22196 Caminito Tasquillo