RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 22:18:33 +0100
Hi Tom,

> Alan:
> Chimps eat an insignificant amount of meat (and also posess the teeth
> needed to do just that). Bonobos eat no meat at all, merely an
> insignificant amount of insects. Don't get me wrong here, however,
> I have nothing against those who choose to eat raw meat (if they
> believe or feel they need it), I just don't seem to need it and
> have my grounds (see another post to you) for NOT eating it.
>
> Tom:
> Bonobos do indeed eat meat. See the book "Bonobo" by Franz Lanting,
> for documented observations.

Most people who ride around on motorcycles without a helmet with
visor also probably eat meat every time they dare to smile. ;-)
Meat eating certainly has been observed in some (not all) of the great
apes but it still does not constitute more than a very small fraction
of their normal diet.

> Teeth are a weak indicator of diet; in humans they tell very little
> because our use of technology isolates us from the selective pressures
> that impact other animals.
>
> I am a veggie, and am merely interested in seeing other veggies tell
> the truth about ape diets.

Please read some of my other posts to others (Jean-Louis, for
example) to save me from repeating myself. Personally I am slowly
wondering why I discuss why I don't eat meat at all..particularly
with the meat-eaters on this echo. Everyone to his own I say..and
if someone (not me) believes it will do them some (more) good, then
I wish them good health and luck.

It is the same when I read you arguing about Brix. It may not
be the "bees knees" as far as nutrition quality measurement is
concerned but it still shows that at least someone (this time
a German) is actively interested in better food quality.

Best regards,

Alan