BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 07:28:24 -0400
Mike
You are exactly right.  The primary use for EIFS should be theatre sets,
Disney, Vegas, etc..  There is certainly a significant, large and perhaps
justifiable market for ephemeral architecture.  A friend just returned from
Malta where they erected the largest stadium ever built for the movie
"Gladiator" at a cost of, I believe he said, $23,000,000 including tear down
and removal from site within one year.  The construction/design guys have a
lot to learn from Hollywood.
Best,
Leland