BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert Buckle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 08:44:40 -0700
Creativity is too hard to teach and is often to long a process. Instant
graphic skills and buildings with
sizzle ...as one architect told me take about a 15-18 sec design process.
The working drawings take longer
but that is another story. Architecture as design process is pretty much a
scam. It doesnt exist. What we currently have is dictated by the politics
of design. Like any good scam its circular... designs are prepared for an
undiscrinmating group of people ... note I don't mean uneducated...
(actuallly I have found that the uneducated tend to be more critical
because they are less predisposed to the situation and ask more questions
but often they get "architectural" answers), they dont know good design
because they havnt seen much of it.
Architecture is an abandoend profesion. I think it will make interesting
salvage over the bext 20 years.