BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pam Blythe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 11:04:43 -0500
Candy -

Even though I utterly enjoy looking skyward - especially to find gargoyles
and black helicopters flying overhead, I find the neck strain from trying
to see the top of the WTC unbearable when standing in the plaza.  However,
from 1/2 mile back on Christopher St., it makes for a great target in a
roaring game of stick ball.

- Pam

on  03/01/99 09:33:45 AM ----------

Tall building-skyscraper Architects design all to often as if their
building were
standing alone in a field and we were 1/2 mile away to be able to admire
it.
Either that or meant to be admired or envied by the workers and tall
building
owner next door (only they never get to see the bottom of the structure).
This is one reason why I prefer cities built on a human scale.  I want to
cross the street and admire the whole building at once.
Candy B