RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Secola/Nieft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:47:34 -1000
Francois,

> F : Yes, it is mentionned for the beginning of widespread use of cooking.
> And on page 135  of  "La Guerre du Cru", second edition, it is  mentioned
> 400,000 years as the
> approximate date of the fire's first mastery. If I remember well, the 1st
> edition of the book said the same and the 3th one ("Manger Vrai") too. See
> below the exact words of GCB - I translated the 2 most important phrases in
> my opinion.

Are these the ancient texts you spoke of?  It sounds like I am pretty
correct in using the 10,000 ya figure then, no?

> F : Maybe. One way to get out of an endless theoretical debate is to
> experiment.

If the experiment only compares instincto with a junk food diet you aren't
really testing the relevent issue--that being the utility (or not) of
including some cooked paleofoods in addition to raw paleofoods. Wouldn't
that be the experiment?

> Raw-fooders and Instinctos are
> setting a counter-experiment (not a so dangerous one!).

If you ignore some important information on illness in instinctos.

> F : Germs (bacterias, not trich !) are welcome to "instinctos" digestive
> tracks.

Trich doesn't have a taste though, does it?

Cheers,
Kirt