RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 02:18:55 GMT
At 01:07 AM 3/25/99 +0100, Alan wrote:
>Hi Leah,
>
>Your doc is a phoney as far as dieting is concerned.

They say it takes one to know one...

> but there are no reports from
>anywhere of any raw foodist suffering from any of those
>symptoms of a B12 deficiency mentioned above AFTER changing to
>raw.

 <irony>It must be wonderful to be so well informed.</irony>
-  espescially ignoring exactly such a report from Leah -
( it's easy to see why he sees no reports anywhere of anything ;)

What he alluded to about absorbtion of B12 could have a great deal to do
with the problem - as far as I know this is a little understood process.
Since "intrinsic factor" is alluded to in this regard, eating raw _does_
present a greater risk of parasites of one kind or another.  Who knows how
these might affect the B12 absorbtion functionality?
I'm not arguing against raw per se, just pointing out one of the many things
that need consideration when deciding what to eat and how to prepare it.

As for having 3 to 5 years stored B12:
when my car's fuel tank is full I have say 300 Km of stored energy.
When that's used up, how much stored energy is in the tank?
Running on empty (which could be the case here) is actually a great
indicator for the negatives and positives of a dietary regime - if you survive!

I was tempted to respond to Leah's post with a suggestion to consider the
dietary considerations in "The Eat Right Diet" by D'Adamo, since so many do
derive benefits.

Lynton