RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 04:08:59 GMT
At 11:53 AM 2/25/99 -0800, Martha wrote:

>Lynton on fruitarian experience:
>>about 3 to 4 months, the weight just kept falling.  When I
>>got down to 130 pounds I knew there was something wrong
>>with this diet.
>
>I'm glad (hope) you got out before you wrecked your teeth.

Sorry, but they have improved a bit.  Still rather brownish ( they were
absolutely disgusting to look at).  I'm still trying to find a good calcium
regime to build them up again.  There is a booklet "Good Teeth Birth to
Death" by Dr Gerard F Judd, 6615 W. Lupine, Glendale, AZ 85304-3136 phone
602-412-3955.  (Tell him I suggested it).  I think it was $12 or something.
Most of what he wrote makes a lot of sense, except a little bit about doing
your own fillings!

>Lynton:
>> ...computer analyst/programmer,...
>
>Me too.  What kind of system do you work on?  I'm
>HP3000/COBOL/Powerhouse, in transition to a Unix/Oracle
>world.

the last several years
dos/MS COBOL/pascal; windows/Delphi; M
I'm looking at OO perhaps soon.

>Lynton on Lectin theory:
>>To quote from "Eat Right Diet" by Dr P. D'Adamo,
>>"... Often the lectins used by viruses or bacteria can be
>> blood type specific, making them a stickier pest for
>>people of that blood type.
>>"So too with the lectins in food."
>
>Interesting stuff.  I'll have to read the book.

Its the best book on diet that I have ( and I have quite a few ).

>Lynton on "Lynton":
>> My mother says its a very beautiful place ( or was when
>> she saw it).
>
>And now, per my secret agenda  ;-)  to what's probably the
>real reason for my reply to your post:
>
>Yes!  I've been there and it's breathtaking!!  It's one of the
>places on my "must go back there when I have more time to
>spend" list.

So now I guess that I will _have_ to make that visit to England...

>But if you ever go there, don't try the scrumpy in the cute
>crockery jugs in the tourist shop.  It tastes like
>formaldehyde.

what is "scrumpy"?

Lynton