RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 05:34:45 -1000
Liza May wrote:

> By spiritual pursuits I guess you are referring to certain sects of Tibetan
> Buddhism.

not necessarily was refering to any form of spiritual concepts. do you pursue
any interest in spiritual? if so what kind? in not, why not?

> Mackerel, horseradish, cilantro, goat's yogurt, almonds, bone marrow
> mmmmmm, coconut paste, most anything that walks, cherimoyas. Hmmm, what
> else. Food, basically.

would most anything that walks include me if you were hungry enough?:-) do you
kill your own food?

> Luck? As many close relationships as possible? Having a wild spirit? Having
> LOTS of fun?

how many close relationships do you think it is posible to have? i like women
with a wild spirit. what do you mean by spirit here? do you live in the
country or city?

> > that you can attempt to ridicule others who
> > share their limited experiences.
>
> My apologies. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

didn't hurt my feelings, just thought it a bit rude or undiplomatic or
unfriendly. thanks for the apology, i feel more hope for a friendship now.

> My point, which I evidently didn't make very well, was that the obsession
> one often sees in the "alternative diets" crowd (especially vegetarians and
> most especially vegans), with such things as cleanliness and detoxing and
> purging oneself (of "germs" or "toxins" or "mucous" or "parasites" or "the
> devil" or whatever and -- maybe most importantly  -- the avoidance of sex
> --  that this type of mentality reminds me of the Church Lady. Maybe it's
> just the updated 90's New-Age
> version of an old shoe.

i agree there's a lotta strange ideas and obsessions floatin around in the
"health food" world these days. you say especially vegans but i see it acrross
the board, even the instincto crowd seems obsessed with certain concepts that
i feel have limitations. perhaps none of us are perfect and yet each of the
various factions has a grain or two of truth and when these grains are
carefully analysed and reconfigured they will point us to a more refined
approach. i do not avoid sex, i seek refinement with it cause i see it often
involves limitations that i think we can go beyond thru refinement.

> Hmmmm, actually - a REALLY old shoe, now that I'm considering farther and
> farther back in history, across many cultures, where avoidance of
> "hedonism" or "evil" or "dirt" or of course sex  --  all those "beastly"
> aspects of our nature which remind us that we're animals  --  where
> avoidance of these things takes on a kind of religious fervor.

what you call avoidance i would call refinement. i see life and diet as a
continual process of refinement. when i give something up it is because i
think i have found a more fulfilling fun way to approach it.

> > refering to tantric diciplines: there's this old saying we probably all heard,
> > "don't knock it till you try it."
>
> Well, that's not ALWAYS a good rule 'o thumb. There are,  um,  a coupla'
> things I ain't a-gonna try, and I AM a-gonna knock 'em. (I'm sure you too
> can think of a few that fall into this category.)

yes, i agree the higher the risk the more we should think it over, but no risk
at all makes life boring. you really didn't answer my question, but skirted
around it.

> NEVER ask a woman her age!!  :)

never ask a question of someone else unless you are willing to answer it also. :-)

aloha and peace.........forest for earth re-leaf