RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 22:58:56 GMT
At 08:07 AM 2/21/99 -1000, Forest wrote:
>> Tom:
>> As one who tried fruitarianism under nearly ideal conditions: warm
>> climate, regular sunshine and exercise, and food of incredibly high
>> quality (most organic, the rest unsprayed, most food grown in the high
mineral
>> content soil of Merritt Island, Florida), the serious problems I experienced
>> on the fruitarian regime suggest that the currently popular "low quality
>> food" excuse is nothing more than a weak rationalization advanced by folks
>> who will grasp at anything to retain their idealistic (and false) fruitarian
>> dogma. Fruitarianism is a failure ..

Forest:
> things like lack of healthy family bonding, subconscious thoughts about
>money, unresolved friendship problems, unresolved childhood traumas, things
>like this can be major influences on how we may respond to foods we eat and
>the outcome of diet experiments....

So are you saying that if you fail on fruit***ism then its psycological, and
if you do well on some other foods then ?

Forest:
> my own experiments with fruitarianism have proved to me it's possible under
>ideal social and mental conditions but none of us in my mind are there yet, me
>included.

So are you saying that you succeeded, but that you did'nt succeed?
(Don't worry about failing on fruit***ism, you're in the company of everyone
else who tried it.)

Forest:
> i have found i can stabilize my limited health by being on a
>predominantly fruit diet with a "stuffing" or "filler" food added that fills
>the empty places in my body and spirit that a loving family should be
occupying.

I wonder: would you share with us this magical "stuffing/filler" food?  This
could be a real breakthru !  ( Would I be surprised that its got some good
nutrients in it ;)

Remember that success on a food regime is over many years, not when you
first try it.

Lynton