RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 09:13:29 -0800
Alan:
>So we have 37 million US Americans suffering from osteoporosis in 1997,
>although these people have the highest annual per capita milk consumption.
>Thus there are a few other questions which need to be answered:

>...long "party line" anti-dairy claims snipped...

Just a side note. Last night I attended a talk (San Francisco
Vegetarian Society) by Carl Phillips, moderator of the sci-veg
e-mail list, and Assistant Professor of Nutritrion at the University
of Minnestota.

Anyway, Carl was sharply critical of vegan claims that milk did not provide
calcium. He said there is overwhelming scientific evidence that milk is a
good calcium source (and good for the bones), and that vegans should stick
to other criticisms of milk - criticisms that are more factual.

I note that the list Alan posted was not limited to calcium/osteporosis.
The comments above are specific to that topic, and do not address the other
claims in the list posted by Alan.

Tom Billings