RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 01:13:52 -0700
Roy writes:

>I realize that anopsology is an approach rather than a diet. Still, I'm
>interested in finding out if a anopsologist could somehow "steer"
>themselves to being more in tune with the zone principle.

Of course. You can steer your "instinct" most anywhere. You could test RAF
religiously and then eat veggies and be "real hard" on or actively limit
fruit. You could eat all the fruit you want and ruin your appetite for
everything else. You could eat mono meals. You could eat five meals a day,
or one meal a day.

The whole notion that an instincto does anything purely by "instinct"
(whatever that _really_ means?) is romanticised, I think. The question is
"how could one incorporate the taste change potential in raw foods into the
most reasonable approach for them in their situation?" Zone or no-fruit,
RAF limited to dairy/eggs, salads to keep veggies interesting; etc--are all
possibilities. Unless you are going to blindfold and sniff a bountiful
instincto buffet everymeal (which is basically instincto-THERAPY) you will
be making all sorts of conscious (and unconscious!!!) decisions about your
food that have nothing to do with instinct. (Like how you shop, when and
how often to eat, what you will test first, second, third, etc etc etc).

It's looking to me these days that steering will be the next step in the
"instincto movement's" maturing process. We are currently steering towards
"as much seafood as possible"--or maybe the word should be swimming, or
maybe "de-financing" :)

Steer away!!! And report back, eh?

Steers,
Kirt