RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 10:04:30 -0700
Happy Birthday Ombodhi! You're legal in airplanes! ;)

>now he sells all sorts
>of things: books, audio & video tapes, ladybugs, praying mantis,
>deccolate snails, earthworms & their castings (poop), and a home worm bin
>system called "the can-o-worms".

>	yes, i spent the past five days living, breathing, thinking, &
>dreaming **worms**.  one of the first things i asked about: edible worms?
> arlan already had five recipes.

All cooked I'd bet, eh? :)

My Can O Worms came from Mitch Goldburg at EcoWay (1-800-770-7778, or
[log in to unmask]). After making my own, I realized that the Can O Worms was
worth the $119.95 (incl booklet, bedding block, and lb of worms). It is
pretty cool and makes me wonder about raising mealworms...

And, no, I haven't yet tasted the worms. My excuse: I'm letting the
population increase to a sustainable/harvestable level <cough, snort> ;)

Really, I'm not yet beyond the gross-out factor--and what if they tasted
great! Then I'd have to turn in my FRINGE LUNATIC RAF-EATER card for a
_SUPER_ FRINGE LUNATIC RAF-EATER, INSECT ENDORSED card. (Don't think you
RAF-curious vegans have the corner on ambivilence! :))

Somehwere on the web I found a Seinfeld script which had George worm
composting in his apartment, trying to vacuum up the fruit flies from the
air before his parents came over, etc. (Search string: vermiculture--the
big word for letting worms eat the bacteria which eat your salad scraps.)

Cheers,
Kirt