RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
[log in to unmask] (Rene Beresford)
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 1997 23:21:10 +1000
Have you ever been fishing?  I have been, in the past, especially for the
rainbow trout, cultivated and bred in natural pools for release into Lake
Taupo in the North Island of New Zealand (I believe the largest lake in the
Southern Hemisphere).   It was for "food" and "sport", because it tasted so
nice, even raw.
Now I look back over 13 or so years ago, I can "see" the struggle the fish
put up trying to safe itself from certain death. Would I not struggle like
crazy when I have a hooked rope around my neck (hands tied) when a large
shark pulls me into the ocean?  Would I not scream for mercy, for help.
How would we feel when a crocodile here in North Queensland gets hold of us
and drags us into the water for a certain drawning death? Wouldn't we scream?
Animals in the wild are different, they do not know compassion in the way we
know of, that is their nature.  Next when you kill a fish, animal, look it
into the eyes and ask yourself whether you would like to be in the position
of the fish, animal.  "Sentimental" thoughts or feelings??  Only to those
who do not possess compassion and love for what is "living".
As long as humanity kills, for whatever reason, there is lack of inner
peace, of inner harmony, an out of balance situation.  It is not "love-ful"
consciousness and then we ask why humanity has all the problems, physical as
well as mental.
That what is lacking on the "within" will show itself on the "without" in
physical form in ill health and in thought, mental form, in hatred,
resentment, spite, anger etc.   Then humanity claims that it cannot live on
the most peaceful of all diets and blames the lack in the dietary nutrition,
not giving us what we need,  instead of blaming their own lack within.
Would the "Creator" not have given us the best and most peaceful of foods to
eat, but instead would the "Creator" have given us inadequate foods so we
may get ill and sick in the mind as well??  In humanities imbalance, it is
humanity itself that has created inadequate foods - by depleting the soils
of the Earth - by the use of chemicals - etc. etc. - then put the blame on
"something" or "someone" else. It becomes a vicious circle that way.
The great masters and spiritual guides tell us also that all disharmony in
the outer, of whatever nature, is but the reflection of the disharmony, lack
of love from the heart.
For the realisation of this I am still "working" on myself and I also do so
for and in my work for the Fruitarian Network.  Do you want to fish, kill
animals so you may live in health, really, do you need it for true health?
I wish you peace and inner harmony.   Rene (Fruitarian Network).