From:
Richard Keene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 10:57:24 -0700
If the other incentives to keep on a Paleo diet didn't work, maybe this one will.

From Yahoo.com news...

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - About 25 overweight protesters picketed a San Francisco fitness club Monday to protest against a new billboard claiming that,
when space aliens finally do encounter humans, ``they will eat the fat ones first.''

``I can't believe that a gym would have so little concern about the health of people,'' said protest leader and author Marilyn Wann, whose book ``Fat!So?'' seeks to
challenge social stereotypes about fatness.

``I represent the 97 million Americans who are fat. We're 55 percent of the population, it's really not safe to alienate us because we might just sit on someone,''
Wann told KCBS radio.

The protesters were angry at 24 Hour Fitness for a new billboard above a city freeway that depicts a leering, alien face and carries the message ``When they come,
they will eat the fat ones first.''

The fitness chain, which runs gyms throughout the western United States as well as in Asia and Europe, said it had not meant to offend anybody with the
advertisement.

``We all know how hard it is to lose weight,'' the company said in a written statement. ``Sometimes humor helps make things easier, and can even be motivational.''