From:
Richard Keene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 10:38:06 -0700
Bannanas cause mild stomache cramps when I eat them.  I don't eat them
at all now.
Dates are great.  They taste very high is sugar.  I occasionaly eat
lots of them.
Any one else have experience with dates?
How are dates precessed? Are they simpy dried?  Do they come that way
right off the palm tree?

R. Keene

>>> Scott Maxwell <[log in to unmask]> 02/15/99 08:43AM >>>
>> Something I have found that works well for many people is to eat
nothing
>> but
>> fruit for one week.
>> The rules are simple.  Eat as much fruit as you want except for
bananas,
>> figs and dates.  I have done this as have a number of people at my
office.
>> In my experience, it cleans you out, reduces your cravings
dramatically
>> and
>> reduces your appetite.  After this, it is much easier to stick to a
>> healthier diet.
>>
>Just curious; what's wrong with bananas, figs and dates?

Too heavy and sweet.  This one week acts as a cleansing period so you
want
to eat light, easily digested fruits.  I will admit, though, that I
have no
scientific evidence for my bias against these three.  Just what I have
read
and my own physical reactions to them.  I do eat them when I am not
doing a
"fruit fast".  Also, many people I know don't gain weight from fruit
except
bananas.  I don't really know anyone who eats enough dates or figs to
know
how it affects them.