C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"I. STEPHEN MARGOLIS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 09:31:29 -0400
Hi Trisha,

Other than whatever lower brain reaction at first sight what ultimately
attracts and binds me is a woman's intelligence.  The more intelligence the
better.

It's regrettable that women have to hide what is most splendid.
Notwithstanding these troubled times, my experience leads me to assess we've
made some progress in acknowledging and honoring female intelligence.
Someday we men may actually better understand women and learn how to behave
more considerately.

And...yes, I'm one of the "elders."  Sigh...58 end of July.  You'd think I'd
have a better sense of accomplishment. ;)

S.

------------------------------
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 11:07:58 -0400
From: Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: A really big straw
Oh Kyle,
I think its more a reflection of a thinking process. I automatically
assigned, you, Bobby, Ken and Steve ages higher than mine from the way you
post and your approach to topics. As a 1953 model - I still automatically
defer to males.
So, I assigned a higher age, education level and IQ. I forget I accomplish
stuff and age and rarely ever notice my relatively impressive IQ.
Expectations for a woman have changed radically thru the years.
Brightest Blessings
Trisha