BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
J Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Shinola Heretics United"
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 23:03:19 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thursday, November 18, 1999 5:54 AM
Subject: Re: HELP! portable spectrophotometer

Another consideration for myself and subjective nature of
>color selection is that I believe I see colors differently depending on the
>time of day and my blood sugar level.
][<en

Apparently, age is a factor too, since natural changes in the eye density
due to aging cause a shift in colour perception.   Claude Monet experienced
cataracts and his choice of paint colours shifted as the medical condition
advanced.   He proved the point by painting one scene twice, once with a
"good" eye only after an operation, and the other painting with his
cataracted eye only.   The results were amazing.  When we are young, the eye
shows more blue.   As we age, the eye causes more yellow and red to get to
the retina.   The brain is supposed to compensate for the shift to provide
us with "true colours, but low blood sugar, good beer, etc. all cause shifts
in brain function so we are more likely to "see red" even though we might be
as young as Ken.

CP in BC watching Discovery Channel