RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 96 14:58:27 CST
From:
Michele Deradune <[log in to unmask]>
My own 2 cents:  NOT good to eat too often, even with raw foods.  The body
needs time to do its other things.  Best to divide meals a minimum of 3 hours,
better 4-5 hours apart.

Viktor Kulvinskas has often mentioned that raw food eaters who come to him, and
other vegetarians, who eat scrupulously good foods often have their major
problem in that they snack too often.

My experience has been that it takes only a few days to "train" the body to not
feel hungry by doing this.  The first few days its not used to it, so it will
send signals, but soon it catches on and your body thanks you with lots more
energy and little or no hunger.

I personally eat avocados as my "heavy" raw food, as well as bananas and
sometimes nuts, usually pecans or almonds.  In my 20% of cooked food, I often
eat baked potatoes dressed with cold-pressed olive oil and salt and pepper, or
even some steamed rice with the same plus some other spices.

I think it's good to have grains -- whether raw and sprouted or cooked -- as
part of a balanced diet.  Good complex carbs.