Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Lisa Sporleder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 20:20:52 -0900
> This is from Alive Magazine - the Canadian Journal of Health and
> Nutrition. June 1997 -  The Birthday of Bayer-Something to Celebrate?

Is this a magazine or a peer-reviewed journal?

> In 1935, the AMA Council on Pharmacy and Chemistry <snip>
>
> In 1938 the Council enforced a ruling <snip>

> In as many as 21 percent of low-risk patients, the use of aspirin causes
> cerebral hemorrhage which can lead to stroke. About 20% experience other
> debilitating side effects, including stomach upset, neausea, and vomiting
> as well as ulcers, liver damage and allergic reactions.

I appreciate the time it took to type in this article.  But since the
information contained therein goes against what I have been
taught, would it be possible to also include the references for the
text of the article?  I am assuming that the studies quoted were not
all from the 1930s, and that the information is available to be
verified.  (I couldn't buy into lowcarb until I saw references I trusted
and respected, that made scientific sense to me.  I feel the same
way about this subject.)

Lisa Sporleder
Ester, Alaska