Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Michele Wiedemer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 13:46:32 -0800
---Dorothy Hester <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Does a serious  PF follower take Vitamin supplements?
>
> Cant find my copy of Neanderthin...do not recall this being
addressed and was
> just wondering.
>
> Thanks Dorothy

Don't know if you could say I'm serious. I don't eat grains, dairy,
legumes, or refined sugars and some other foods to which I'm allergic.
I started this diet because I was recently diagnosed with celiac
disease, probably had it all my life. I have some long-standing
vitamin deficiencies and have very noticable symptoms when I don't
take extra supplements. I ran out of everything recently and had about
a week lapse before replacing them. I had some very uncomfortable
symptoms in a wide range of body systems that promptly went away
(within several days) when I started supplementing again.

I worked with a nutritionist and am lucky to have found the "formula"
that works for me. I hope to eventually cut back on the sheer number
of supplements I take now, but with 30 years of never quite getting
enough through malabsorption, I doubt I'll ever be able to not take
any vitamins, no matter how fresh and terrific my diet may be.

Everyone has to make their own decisions about this issue, but I agree
with an earlier post--supermarket foods simply aren't as fresh as
paleo man would have had them.

Michele