From:
Betsy Algis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 12:26:01 -0700

Thanks to all who have answered my question about Top Ramen.  Three people
answered with receipes and tips, and that will help alot.  I haven't had a
chance to try these out yet, but here they are:
+++++++

I use mung bean noodles in place of Raman. They are the thin noodles
bundled up in hand sized bunches sold in asian markets packed in bright
pink plastic mesh.  One or two bunches of noodles steeped in hot chicken
broth for a while  gives a very nice flavor and texture.  Add more liquid
if you need it as the noodles absorb lots of liquid.

You can add bits of chicken or veggies and/or a dash of chili oil or just
plain.

++++++++

RAMEN
(Or GF Cup-O-Soup)

I buy thin rice noodles at the oriental market and break a bunch of them
into a small Tuppereware. I sprinkle in about a teaspoon of GF bouillion
(chicken or beef).  I toss in a combo of some frozen sorn, peas, beans.
Then, I toss in some thin slices of leftover  chicken or beef.  If you love
oriental shitake mushrooms like I do, you can crush a few dried ones and
toss them in, too.  Now,  I stick the lid back on and put it into the
freezer.  It's all ready and waiting when I want a quick cup-o-soup or easy
lunch.  All you do is add boiling water, cover, and wait.  It's far better
than the Ramen or Cup-O-Soup you get at the store (and GF,too)!

++++++++
Have you tried cooking Asian rice noodles and adding them to broth?
Usually, rice noodles need rinsed with water after cooking to wash off the
rice starch.  Then they can be added to broth.  Asian rice noodles come in
different sizes, from smaller than spaghetti, to 1/4" wide.  That should
make a good substitute.

++++++++

Betsy in Northern California