From:
pat newsome <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 14:53:04 -0000

Maybe in some parts of europe they have been told it is safe
to drink beer and lager but here in the united kingdom
we are cautioned against drinking these.
Most wines, spirits and liquers are gluten-free.
Cider of course is safe, being made of apples.
Buckwheat is gluten-free.
Malt is not gluten-free .
Spelt,triticale,Kamut are members of the wheat family
and are not gluten-free.

I am glad that my recipe for cornbread was of use.

We do get a great deal of information from the celiac society
here in england.  There is a lot of research going on here
in England into celiac disease.

Best Wishes
Pat.