RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elnora Van Winkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 03:50:01 -0800
Peter:

Elly, congratulations in getting published!  Maybe in a future version
of your paper you could try to reconcile the poor track record of the
therapies you mention with the validity of the toxic mind theory?

Ellie:
You will find this covered in the lay version of the article on the
http://pages.nyu.edu/~er26/

Peter:
Maybe you could point me to the relevant passages?  I could not find
anything in your article covering this specific issue.

See section on Therapy, second sentence.."While some therapies.."

 Sandy:
 Especially when you consider that a newborn baby separated from its
mother  for a short time will show an increase in cortisol (stress
hormone)
levels. Cortisol has recently been in the news as being a possible
causative
factor of many degenerative diseases.

Yes, excess cortisol along with excess noradrenaline, dopamine,
adrenaline, etc. are found in newborn rat pups separted from their
mothers. The suppression of negative emotions (anger)is the primary
cause and these stress hormones then cause all kinds of trouble. I was
left in my crib at brith to 'cry it out', and had to suppress my anger.
If they had looked in my brain and body there would have been excess of
these endogenous substances.

My nervous system has been trying to detox these substances throughout
my life in the form of excititory symptoms (detox crises) like anxiety,
panic attacks, paranoia, guilt (anger turned inward, Wrong Neuron!),
misdirected anger (Wrong Neuron!), and on and on. These ended when I
finally learned to redirect my anger back toward my parents and other
early abusers at the first sign of a symptom and continued to do this
over a period of about three years. Peace at last, and no more cravings
for toxic foods (chocolate, etc.) or other stimulants. Stimulants
trigger detox crises, (notice the rage often triggered by alcohol) and
when the detox process is completed, stimulants are no longer needed or
desired.

Ellie
The Toxic Mind:  http://pages.nyu.edu/~er26/