RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elnora Van Winkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 04:11:23 -0800
Peter:
  In
fact ten thousands of primal patients have spent hundreds of hours each
venting and directing their childhood pains and frustrations towards
these figures - in most cases with only sore throats and empty wallets
to show for it. ;-)

Ellie
This is because they didn't redirect it.

Sorry, Peter, I didn't read your comment carefully. Cerainly there are
many factors why people aren't helped in certain therapies that have to
do with the patient, brains clogged up with food or drugs, too many
defenses, denial, etc., minds that are still too toxic and therefore the
thinking is distorted. But if they were in fact encourged to redirect
anger during a primal, it would help. I suspect most primal therapists
just let the person primal without helping them redirect the anger. This
means that the primal (which is a detoxification crisis) would be
vicarious and less healing. When OJ killed his wife (if he did), it was
a vicarious detox crisis and while it was somewhat healing, if he had
gotten his anger out at his mother instead, it would have been more
healing.

Ellie