From:
Mark Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 19:06:15 -0700
Hello,

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Todd Moody wrote:
>>Many people are allergic to peanuts.
>>This may be due to the fact that
>>peanuts are a New World food,
>>probably originating in Peru. But if you
>>have no symptoms, you're probably not
>>allergic. If you want to be certain, you
>>could have an allergy test.

I have some personal experience with tests for food allergies or food
sensitivities.  I tried a variety of them and did not found one that
correlated well with what i observed.  Right now i am looking at the one
described in Arthur Coca's book "The Pulse Test".

I have had a difficult time finding the foods that were giving me
trouble.  One problem was that a symptom (eg. skin breaking out) might
not appear until three days after i ate the food.  I did some extreme
elimination diets to find the offending foods--all legumes, all grains,
and dairy (sound familiar?).  My symptoms cause me enough grief that its
easy to decide not to cheat on my diet.

I am not healthy and have not figured out my optimal diet.  When i do, i
feel that i will not crave a specific food and not get any type of
emotional lift from food.  I will simply enjoy the taste and texture of
the food while i am eating.

trying to keep an even pulse rate,
mark