CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Jones, Sara" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 11:15:46 -0700

To Kathy Scortino who was inquiring about sources for french/italian breads,
bagles, and hamburger/hotdog buns:

The following three mail-order companies, that I enjoy ordering from, offer
french bread mixes that are a nice supplement when you don't have time to
bake from scratch (as when using recipes from Bette Hagman's Gluten-Free
Gourmet cookbooks or Carol Fenster's Special Diet Solutions or Wheat-Free
Recipes and Menus):

French Bread Mixes, Bagle Mixes (and other products):
1-  The Gluten-Free Pantry, 1-800-291-8386 to order GF mixes
2-  Miss Roben's (Wheat-Free, Gluten-Free), 1-800-891-0083 to order GF mixes

French Bread Mixes (and other products):
3-  The Really Gread Food Company (Exclusively Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free
       Products), 1-800-593-5377 to order

Ready-made Hamburger and Hot Dog Buns (and other products):
4-  ENER-G Foods out of  Seattle, Washington , 1-800-331-5222, or
       www.ener-g.com <http://www.ener-g.com>
       Has been a long time since I've ordered them, but I assume they still
       make and sell the buns.  The buns are pretty thick and were best
       microwaved and/or toasted prior to eating.

Each of these four companies offers  a nice variety of  gluten-free mixes,
scratch ingredients, baking accessories (bread machines, etc.), entrees,
cereals, snacks, etc.  They are just a sampling of  the (now)  many
gluten-free product suppliers.  The Celiac-Diabetes Digest -24 Sep 1998 to
26 Sep 1998 has a more complete list of most of the gluten-free product
suppliers.

To Fran, I would like to add my thanks again, to those of Kathy Scortino.
Fran,  to have made the time and to have supplied the energy and the empathy
that you did to the Celiac-Diabetes List,  is a contribution that will not
go unnoticed.  Your contributions to helping others to understand and to
manage Diabetes with Celiac Disease cannot be measured, only appreciated.
We thank you.

-Sara Jones, Houston