RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Orlando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 05:56:12 -0500
Hi Richard,

>This very much depends on your definition of "sufficient".
>Do you mean sufficient nutrients to prevent serious illness after a
>few months or years on the diet?
>Or do you mean sufficient nutrients to realise the full potential of
>the human body?

I mean your 2nd statement

>Personally, I prefer to realise my full potential, and it is my
>belief that this is impossible on a veg diet, with or without
>supplementation with processed nutrient pills and/or oils.

it's really not accurate to make that statement when your
conclusions are based on what you say below:

>I lived as a vegetarian for 8 years and despite very careful
>attention to nutrition over that time I found my health degrading
>constantly. The addition of sashimi and the elimination of grains,
>legumes and dairy from my diet turned around my health problems so
>quickly it was startling.

your turnaround had nothing to do with efa's, nor did it have
anything to do with vegetarianism, it was caused by your
dropping of grains, legumes and dairy.

>The human body is not designed to be herbivorous.

I never said that it was.  I would say frugivorous or omnivorous.

>While I respect
>every individual's right to eat whatever they choose, it should be
>understood that choosing a vegetarian lifestyle is trading physical
>health for spiritual health.

like I said, your conclusions are not based on an accurate portrayal
or experience of optimal vegetarianism.

Gary