RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 08:32:01 +1100
At 9:58 -0500 13/11/00, Gary Orlando wrote:

>1. your opinions on kids/raw/meat/amino acids are incorrect.
>Also, humans do not need manufactured oils in order to be healthy.
>like I said, EFA's are available in low but sufficient amounts in leaves
>and nuts.

This very much depends on your definition of "sufficient".

Do you mean sufficient nutrients to prevent serious illness after a
few months or years on the diet?

Or do you mean sufficient nutrients to realise the full potential of
the human body?

Personally, I prefer to realise my full potential, and it is my
belief that this is impossible on a veg diet, with or without
supplementation with processed nutrient pills and/or oils.

I lived as a vegetarian for 8 years and despite very careful
attention to nutrition over that time I found my health degrading
constantly. The addition of sashimi and the elimination of grains,
legumes and dairy from my diet turned around my health problems so
quickly it was startling.

The human body is not designed to be herbivorous. While I respect
every individual's right to eat whatever they choose, it should be
understood that choosing a vegetarian lifestyle is trading physical
health for spiritual health.

  ...Richard.