RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 21:46:47 -0800
>I asked my doctor why she prescribed a synthetic instead of natural
>thyroid extract. she says in case, because my problem is antibodies, it
>would make things worse to take the natural extract. The antibodies would
>get even more active if I took the natural thyroid extract however they
>don't respond to the synthetic one. I don't know if I am saying this
>correctly but that's how I understood it.

i think it is wise thinking and i would like to know if your doctor
have
some more informations about the autoimmune response triggered by the
cow's
thyroid.
Or is it just speculation of her part
In fact i wonder if our problem could be related to "Foreign proteins
"present in cow's milk for example.

a reason that i learned today of choosing synthetic over thyroid
extract is
that the synthetic have only the T4 molecule of thyroxine while the
natural
extract will have T4 and T3. T3 is made out of T4 by the cells tobe
used, so
with the natural we could end up with too much T3 that will manifeste
by
high speed metabolism ( speedy heart beats, sweating etc...)
>Now the hormonal gland eaten as a food  unprocessed and raw might not have
the detrimental effect of an extract meant to be assimilated even when
the
body will choose to do something else with the nutrients in the cow's
gland..
jean-claude