RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lucia Ruedenberg Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 10:12:25 -0500
On Sat, 13 Nov 1999, Jean-Claude wrote:

> Iodine is the
> ion around wich thyroxine is built. so having a supply of iodine is
> essential but it might not be enough for example  mercury is suspected to
> replace the iodine ion and made the molecule inneficient. ( check for
> mercury intake thru teeth filling or top of the food chain fishs
> consomption)

interesting. I do have some mercury showing up still.

> With every hormone imbalance there is a certain specific mental and
> emotionnal attitude involved. The thyroid being situated in the throat
> the site of expression, it can easely being shut down . so an advice
> yell at the universe your frustation or sing it aloud it can do great
> good , at least to oxygenate this aera. ( don't yell at your partner ,
> the fear that will arise
> will make you shut down more by reaction)

my partner liked this advice :)
in fact, I had just yelled at him a day earlier.

> If you eat animal product try to get access to
> thyroid glands from abattoirs and eat it will be working as well than
> synthroid to help you to function normaly .
> it have the advantage of containing more than the simple molecule that you
> are in need of. Disadvantage for the medical establishment is that they
> can't control any dosage. You can buy thyroid extract in health food store
> of bovine origine ( the bummer is that the suppliers doesn't know where
> thoses cows come from so may be full of crap themselves and with thyroid
> problems themselves)

I asked my doctor why she prescribed a synthetic instead of natural
thyroid extract. she says in case, because my problem is antibodies,
it
would make things worse to take the natural extract. The antibodies
would
get even more active if I took the natural thyroid extract however
they
don't respond to the synthetic one. I don't know if I am saying this
correctly but that's how I understood it.

> Note that hypothyroidy run in families pointing to a genetic
> root ( my sister and mother have it ).

this is interesting. I wonder if my grandmother's and mother's
dementia
might be at all related to this.

Thanks alot for your feedback Jean-Claude. it is helpful to hear from
someone so directly affected by this problem.
Lucia