RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Hovila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 21:54:28 -0700
Tom,

>Thanks, Mark, for the followup info. Your post appears to suggest
>that Wolfe/NFL may have misrepresented the extent of the plagiarism,
>to obtain an endorsement from Rev. Owen. [If that is not a fair
>description of the claim in your post, please feel free to clarify.]

For all I know, he didn't know of ANY plagiarism at the time he
endorsed the
book.  All I really know is what is in my last post, which is almost
verbatim what he told me in an e-mail.  I don't know if the inference
you
draw is correct or not.

>Anyway, I would hope that he would publically retract his endorsement,
>as it may have been obtained under false pretenses.

I have no idea if he plans to retract his endorsement.  Since my
information on this matter is all secondhand, having read none of the
books
in question, all I told him was that Wolfe was accused on the raw-food
list
of having plagiarized Hovanessian's book.  He probably still believes
that
what he was told about "the other guy" is the truth.  If someone wants
provide him documentation in hopes of getting him to retract his
endorsement, they are more than welcome to do so, but I think I'll bow
out.
I only involved myself because the tone of the thread seemed to be
escalating into some pretty harsh criticism of the man, which didn't
square
with my impression of him.

Mark