RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 21:08:30 +0100
Hi again Tom,

> I need to make a clarification:
>
> >Re: fruitarianism, long-term
> >
> >Tom:
> >In a number of other posts, I outlined that I have investigated
> >many claims of long-term success, and when I have in-depth data,
> >it usually turns out that the success story is not strict (which can
> >work, though usually not very well), or is a fake or a crank.
>
> I forgot to mention that some cases don't count because the person is
> physically ill, weak, and/or emaciated. Also, the mental health of
> many so-called fruitarian "experts" is ceratainly dubious, to
> put it politely. I personally am a former long-term fruitarian, but
> I cannot count myself as a success example because I had serious health
> problems on the regime, despite very high quality foods.

This last sentence is an account of your own personal experience..and
you are by no means on your own with this experience. I myself am
a fruit AND veggie raw foodist, although largely because of economic
reasons rather than because I disbelieve that one can not survive and
thrive on fruit alone. It still could be that you did something wrong..
maybe even a small aspect which might have escaped your notice. If
you have any concrete questions or criticism of this particular
dietary regime then just shout them out and I will try to get some
successful raw-foodists (like Helmut Wandmaker) over here to give
you their views on the issues.

Best regards,

Alan

PS I consider myself to be a successful raw-foodist as well, although
I (like Franz Konz, for example) also include many wild plants in my
diet (which is an area that tends to interest me the most). I am not
a herbalist, however, as I don't believe in the healing power of
anything except the human body itself. I am simply interested in
good quality, untainted and untreated nutrition.