Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 11:58:36 -0700
Bradley,
I feel your pain.  As a recent convert to this WOE, I,
too was aghast at the amount of bread, cereal, pasta,
sugar..... that I consumed.  I mourned the loss of
weekly deep dish pizza, thick with cheese, my cereal
for breakfast, toast with homemade jam, spaghetti,
mostaciolli....., not to mention chips, popcorn,
etc....
but I am determined to change my diet to a healthier
one.  I allow myself the occasional *slip*, since I
know from past diets that *forbidden fruit* is usually
all I can think of.  I have not been eating this way
for long (probably about as long as you), but I have
already lost 6 pounds (would have probably been more
if I had not had the popcorn at the movies and the
frozen icecream dessert at the restaurant after my
steak meal).  Those cravings will pass Bradley, they
are for me anyway.  I am trying to substitute
wholesome paleo food for them, or do something else to
get my mind off them.  It helps that my family is
supportive, even though the do not choose to eat this
way.  (I give my hubby all the nonpaleo food off my
plate at restaurants, and he gives me some paleo stuff
in exchange, although I feel that I am contributing to
his SAD habit - LOL)
Keep trying Bradley, it gets better!!!!!!!!!!
Jane