From:
Sam Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 18:15:22 -0600
Rob,

I've tried to make pemmican from beef drippings and I had the same results
you did. I think the problem is that the heat used for cooking the meat is
too hot for the fat, so the pemmican tastes burned. I've gone back to using
fat trimmings and rendering them slowly. It's more time consuming, but I
usually render a bunch at once, it keeps for a long time, and the pemmican
tastes great.

Sam