From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 06:07:18 -0400
On Mon, 5 Oct 1998 23:01:07 -0400, Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Brett Saks has done the coding for Walter L. Voegtlin's "FUNCTIONAL AND
>STRUCTURAL COMPARISON OF MAN'S DIGESTIVE TRACT WITH THAT OF A DOG AND
>SHEEP." It can be found at:
>
>  http://www.panix.com/~paleodiet/comparison.html
>
>Don.
It's always again fascinating how different peolpe come to very different
conclusions on the same facts.
Some talk about the human intestine as "very short" and compare it
to that of a cat or carnivore, some other call it "very long"
and compare it to that of a chimpanse or frugivore.
An example for the opposite view  to the mentioned article was:
 http: F/arrs.envirolink.org/essays/omnivores.html

Who is right?
I don't wont to be the judge  on questions how:
-how is the size of an animal/human to measure (length of spine? heighth?)
-what acidity is low?
-how sharp are our incisors

Regarding Don's article I want to mention however, that a human can in
now way be compared to a sheep, which is living on grass. Grass is a highly
protected plant by thick fiber walls (as opposed to fruit and nuts).

The column claiming that humans "need animal protein" is contradicted
by millions of humans living with out it (vegans).

But I don't judge if we are more like a chimp or a dog,
a sheep or a thyrannosaurus rex ;-)
Personally I consider myself a human :-)

regards
Amadeus