From:
Jun Verzola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 1998 12:11:28 -0400
Amadeus says:

> Example:
> A pig (recommended in Neanderthin) is a heavily degenerated animal that
> looks and tastes totally different from a wild boar.
> And its meat has a completely different composition in many aspects.

Maybe you're merely looking at the relatively recent and
commercially-driven pig breeds when you say that a pig is "totally
different" from a wild boar. Here in the Cordillera region of Northern
Philippines, as well as among other pig-loving forest peoples of
Southeast Asia, domesticated pigs look and taste very much like wild
boars. In many communities, they are allowed to range and root around
for food anywhere but within the cultivated fields and garden patches.
Maybe that accounts for their semi-wild traits.

> Try to meet a wild boar in the woods "naked with a sharp stick".
> It could possibly convince you to better collect some hazels.

You're obviously no member of a hunting-gathering community. Here in
the Cordillera, you don't "try to meet a wild boar in the woods" in
order to hunt it -- naked or not. Instead, you set up a trap (a simple
"sharp-stick" affair should do nicely), attract your prey with wild
yams smeared with blood or rotting flesh, and wait in a high safe
place overnight for your meal to arrive and kill itself.

> I can't understand why I'm attacked in myself not eating meats.

I don't know about the others, but I respect your position. It's just
that when you use wrong arguments (such as those above), you weaken
your own case.

Jun V.