NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
D Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 14:44:08 -0600
I spoke with Keebler today (they have owned Sunshine since 1996) regarding
the Hydrox cookie situation.  They claimed the cookies continue to be dairy
free and manufactured on a dairy free line.  They told me that they may in
the future decide to produce them on a dairy line so that when they changed
the labeling to be kosher they decided to just be kosher dairy.  Of course
since they were not kosher before there was never any guarantees on them
being produced on a dairy free line.  They said they would notify the Food
Allergy Network if they changed the ingredients or production process for this
product.  Keebler can be reached at (630) 782-2532 (there is not a toll free #
but they said they will accept collect calls).

I have purchased the newly labeled product.  They are now called Hydrox
Droxies and kosher labeling is OK-D.  The ingredient listings are identical to
the former Hydrox cookies.   And oh yes... they show a cookie resting on a
big splash of milk on the package and it says "Enjoy your droxies cookies
with milk:  dunk'em, dip'em, twist'em, soak'em, but don't drop'em." .

Maybe they were not aware of their large popularity as a non-dairy
alternative.  I mean there is nothing said about dunking them in Rice Dream.
I'm sure we will be making them aware!!!!

Denise