BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rudy Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 09:00:34 EST
In a message dated 1/5/99 4:56:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< Staining pressure treated wood sounds good if you can find a stain that
will
 commit to a long term relationship with the preservative. >>

It would appear we have some preservateers in our midst.

<<I'd like to visit, but live there?>>

We did an octagonal timber frame for a bozo who decided to build his
foundation/ family room out of pressure treated 8x8's. To save money (which
excited him to no end) he decided to plane the inside surfaces for that
"finished look". Realizing the by product of his labors was pressure treated
planer chips, he mulched all of his newly planted nursery trees.

Now we all know what trees are for, and so did my dog. About a week after we
raised his frame, our dog started losing the hair around his paws. We took him
to the vet and his first question was "Have you just built a new deck?"

I guess the moral of the story is: "If you leave the pressure treated wood at
the lumber yard, you don't have to worry about whether paint sticks to it or
not."

Rudy