RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Elnora Van Winkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 05:26:52 -0800
One more thought, Peter--your objections to traditional therapy I
believe are quite valid (although they don't disprove the theory)and
this is why I personally used self-help measures based on my
understanding of the biology. (the wrong neuron concept) ie, I
recognized that my symptoms, ie. fear(a sign of emerging anger),
guilt(anger turned inward), paranoia, misdirecteed anger, cravings for
food, etc. were opportunities for me to redirect my anger at early
abusers by banging on the bed. I believe this allowed me to heal faster
than if I had had formal therapy.

But I also think readers may need therapy, especially in the beginning,
and I highly recommend the kind of experiential therapy that is given in
the one week program for Co-dependency for Adult Children from
Dysfunctional Families. (www.caron.org) I think it's a better start than
primal therapy.

Ellie