Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 16:38:25 -0700
From:
House of Print and Copy <[log in to unmask]>

I am a self-diagnosed Celiac, GF for two years.  When my sister was
found positive for CD, suddenly years of problems made sense.  I am not
"officially" diagnosed for financial reasons.

About 4 years ago I began having incredible nerve pain in my legs and
feet.  Shooting, stabbing, tingling with every step and then even at
rest until it became debilitating (6 mo. period).  The problem moved to
my arms, hands and fingers but not as bad (I don't walk on my hands!).
During this same period of time I also developed extreme muscle fatigue
from the simplest tasks and have hypersensitive skin.

My internist prescribed Desiprimine 50mg p/day (an anti-depressant) for
the nerve pain.  Thankfully this has kept me functional - but no
bikerides or activities with my 9 year old son, and walking the dog is a
painful chore.  The medication does not help the muscle fatigue or
hypersensitive skin.  My internist, a rheumatologist and a neurologist
do not suspect MS but neither have they been able to suggest other
possibilities.

Can anyone lead me down other avenues to research?  Any similar
experiences?  I have no medical insurance (single mom on small income).
Knowledge has been my best and first step.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Jean