RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Micaela Hoskins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 19:15:12 -0700
Mary:
How can we get off it? I can keep off it for a day or two but then fall
off the wagon.

My best experiences of ending a caffeine addiction are obtained by
cutting back slowly. If you are drinking 8 caffeinated drinks a day, cut
back to 5 or 6 for 1 week, then to 3, then to 1 or 2, until you are only
drinking one very weak cup of caffeinated beverage a day. From there you
can go cold turkey, without headaches and other symptoms of withdrawal.
If the drinking is environmentally stimulated find an alternative.

Another recommendation that worked for some friends is to drink 2 cups
of non caffeinated beverage immediately before drinking the caffeinated
beverage. From shear volume, you may want to cut the caffeine to
whatever level is safe for you. This works best if you use a beverage
that is the same temperature as the item you are replacing. Use herbal
tea or hot water with lemon for coffee or cold water or juice to replace
soft drinks.

Micaela