RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J. Leong" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 06:17:47 -0800
Hi Stefan,

This story is not a surprise to me.

> some weeks ago I found a small article in my newspaper. It was about
> a young african male who watched a cow elephant together with her calf.
> He took a bucket, went to the pair and tried to milk the cow. At first
> he was successful and got about one litre of milk. Then suddenly the
> cow elephant became angry and kicked the man into his ribs breaking
> several of them.

In yesterday's newspaper here there is an article that human breast milk
consumption (tracked through donor breast milk banks) has risen 33% in the past
year and that the demand is still greater than the supply.  Thank goodness
slavery is outlawed; if humans were treated like cows I imagine someone would
certainly exploit that opportunity.  Which is part of my unpopular view of dairy
farm cows, despite the fact that I enjoy raw cow cream and raw goat cheese
sometimes.

> The african ran away followed by the elephant mother. In his distress
> he climbed a tree. The elephant pulled out the tree (must have been a
> relative small one) and kept on attacking the man. She would have
> killed him if not other people had watched the scene and come to help.

Well, I don't know any human moms who would give their breast milk to anyone
except a child she was raising, although I know a few do.  And I can't imagine
any human moms that would allow the young of another species to suckle or or
someone to pump her body for milk for food of another species.

regards

r.