RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 20:05:59 -1000
Aaron:
>Lately I feel like eating bones, my joints feel hungry, I
>am aware of my own bones.  Anyone have any info on safe sources of raw bones?

There is a bit on this in the archives, but small fish bones can be dried
and are a crunchy treat (and much less waste when you buy the whole fish).
Hard to find sardines or herring fresh though. I've crunched on a few dried
salmon bones, but you gotta be _dedicated_ ;)

Many folks chew up some portions of chicken bones.

After gnawing on all bones in sight, my lactating wife often pops a bone
meal supplement with her meat meals--says it makes a difference. (yes, I
know they are full of toxic residue :/)

>I also want more fat.

October Boston mackeral is coming, and lucky you on the east coast. Bone
marrow, bone marrow, bone marrow. And probably some calcium in marrow.
Certainly I've swallowed plenty of bits of "crunchy" marrow.

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft