RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:33:09 -1000
Karl:
>So far, I have made the experience that I can determine the
>quality of any meat very exactly by smelling or tasting it.
>I can eat the pieces that smell delicious without problems
>and I can determine the bad pieces very exactly. So I am
>not sure if campylobacter - or any other microorganism -
>is really a threat for a rawist. It's another thing with
>people who eat cooked and seasoned food. First they cannot
>distinguish between good and bad meat because of the seasoning
>and the cooking. And second their immune system is weaker,
>especially because their intestinal flora (is that the right
>word?) is out of order.

Sounds great, Karl. Except that by my last count an eight year instincto I
know (not me thank god) has, in the last couple years, come down with staph
(which required anitibiotics after several months of ballooning infection
which did _not_ self-limit), a very painful nematode infection (which means
this particular instincto now advises folks to carefully wash all fruits
and veggies), and lately some sort of eosophinilic meningitis, also called
rat lung disease.

Like you, I was pretty cavalier about trusting my senses to protect me from
everything, but, even though I am still quite healthy (though hardly
insticto) I gotta wonder if I just lucked out all those years of eating raw
pig, rotting beach pelican, oysters from third world tidal cesspools, etc.
and just a little bit of ORKOS beef.

And BTW, if someone is eating cooked meat, sesoned or otherwise, they
hardly have to worry about microorganisms, do they?

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft